Portland Tribune- “Markets push - puts food on tables” 7/18/2014
The Portland Tribune (Issue date July 18, 2014) interviewed Sisters volunteer Robert about his experience being able to exchange his Sisters barter-work punch cards for market token! We are really excited about this new partnership with Portland FArmers Market and New Seasons Market. It’s taken off like we couldn’t have imagined! Read the article here!
July 2013: Food Works partnership on Oregon Live
June 2013: Food Works partnership is profiled in the Oregonian
April 2013: Art created by our community is in the news
February 2013: Art Workshops at Sisters Profiled in The Oregonian
Dec 2012: Oregonian Reports that Sisters “Serves nourishment, dignity”
Dec 2012: Edible Portland Writes about Food & Friendship at Sisters Of The Road
Edible Portland writes about Sisters community, hospitality, and good food.Local food-focused magazine
The article even includes two of our favorite recipes for you to make at home! Check it out on page 32.
Open Circles Art Project Featured in Local Media
Hear an interview with KBOO radio host Dmae Roberts and Sisters’ Lucilene Lira about this collaborative, creative art project here. The winter edition of the Old Town Chinatown Crier (our neighborhood newspaper!) also featured the Open Circles art project. You can find a pdf of the Crier here.
Sisters Art-Based Collaboration with 100th Monkey Studio
We partnered with the folks at 100th Monkey Studio to create community-based art. Hear a radio interview about the project here.
We call on the Senate to prioritize hunger
This Take Action called on our community to contact their legislators in support of hungry people, not profitable crop insurance companies.
More Media About Sisters Of The Road
Magazine and Newspaper Articles
- November 2012: MIX magazine & the Old Town Chinatown Crier write about Sisters - we love local media!
- June 2012: An interview about Sisters partnership with 100th Monkey Art Gallery
- April 2012: Some great images from our April 1st action can be found here
- March 2012: Some kind words from our friends over at the Pedagogy of the Poor tumblr!
- March 2012: Board member Michael Moore talks about single payer healthcare on KBOO
- March 2012: Candlelight Vigil Honors Shooting Victims
- March 2012: Criminalizing the homeless costs us all, an article from WRAP in Street Roots
- January 2012: Oregonlive article discusses Sisters’ 19th march and rally in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his work for racial justice, nonviolence and economic human rights
- December 2011: Empowered Voices Media Project member Leo Rhodes talks about how truly empowering this project is: “Now I’m in Control”: Q & A with Filmmaker Leo Rhodes