Take Action! and Position Statements at Sisters Of The Road
At Sisters Of The Road, we work for economic human rights for all through deep, go-to-the-root systemic change. We’re asking you to join us in this work! Click here to receive our Take Action! alerts right to your inbox.
For more information, please visit our Systemic Change Team page.
- June 2012: Our position on the Senate Farm Bill and its potential impacts on SNAP benefits is detailed in this Take Action. Update: On Tuesday June 19, 2012 the US Senate voted against Senator Gilliland’s Amendment almost 2:1. While this is an honest portrayal of our country’s current priorities—giving subsidies to profitable insurance companies versus hungry people living poverty—this is still a huge disappointment. It also points directly to the reason we do the work we do, along with so many good people and good groups in solidarity.
- April 2012: Our statement detailing our commitment to food justice
- June 2011:Click here to read testimony to City Council on equity and public spaces by Michael Moore, member of the Board of Directors
- March 2011:Click here to read Sisters Of The Road’s position statement urging Portlanders to resist our city’s deeper involvement with the Joint Terrorism Task Force.
- April 2010: Click here to read our position statement against the Sidewalk Management Plan